Daudet Creek Contracting is a second generation, family-run company operating primarily within the Kitimat – Smithers – Prince Rupert area.
The Oviatt family initially began work in northwestern BC in the early 1970’s as J. Oviatt Contracting Ltd., an excavation, pipe-laying, and road building contractor. Daudet Creek Contracting Ltd. was established in 2002, initially to provide snow-clearing and hauling, complimenting the services offered by J. Oviatt Contracting.
Since then Daudet Creek Contracting has grown substantially, attaining operational assets of over $15 million and specializing in:
- Land-clearing and site development earthworks
- Pipe-laying and underground service installation
- Road works
- Site remediation and closure
- Materials and heavy equipment mobilization
- Aggregate and topsoil production
- Commercial/industrial snow removal